Does Your Commercial Roof Need To Be Replaced in Ann Arbor, MI?
You may not think about your roof very often, but it’s one of the most important parts of your commercial property. Your roof is what protects your building and everything inside from the elements, so it’s important to keep it in good condition. Commercial roofing is important to keep up with as it protects the foundation of your company or business, so it shouldn’t ever be neglected.
When it comes to commercial roofing, repairs and replacements need to be done proper. Bad installation could result in issues down the road such as premature failing. So, if you notice your commercial roof having issues then make sure you hire a reputable roofing contractor such as A2 Roofing in Michigan. We’re qualified to properly work on your commercial roof with years of experience and knowledge in our hands.
If you’re not sure whether your roof needs to be replaced, there are a few things you can look for:
1. Leaks or moisture damage: If you’ve noticed water stains on your ceilings or walls, it could be a sign that your roof is leaking. These leaks can cause serious damage to your building if they’re not fixed quickly. Neglecting leaks from your commercial roofing can be disastrous, so if you spot any types of leaks then call a professional roofing contractor quickly to avoid further damage that may be caused.
2. Missing or damaged shingles: If you can see daylight through your roof, it means that your shingles are missing or damaged. This leaves your roof vulnerable to leaks and other damage, so be sure to have it repaired before it becomes a bigger issue for you.
3. Sagging: If your roof is sagging or drooping, it’s a sign that it’s not able to support the weight of your building anymore. This could be caused by water damage, rot, or simply old age. If you notice any type of sagging from your commercial roof, then it’s vital for you to have it repaired as soon as possible. Sagging can be very dangerous and potentially fail and injure a customer or employee.
4. High utility bills: If you’ve noticed a sudden increase in your energy bills, it could be because your roof is no longer able to keep your building properly insulated. This can lead to higher heating and cooling costs.
5. Sunlight coming through: If you can see sunlight shining through your roof, it means that your roof is no longer providing proper protection from the sun’s rays. This can cause damage to your building and make it more difficult to keep cool in the summer.
6. Age: Most commercial roofs have a lifespan of 20-30 years. If your roof is approaching or has exceeded this age, it’s likely time for a replacement. However, some commercial roofs can fail prematurely if they’re not properly maintained, so make sure you keep your commercial roof maintained properly throughout the years.
7. Visible damage: If you can see any cracks, holes, or other visible damage to your roof, it’s a good indication that it needs to be replaced. Visible damages to your commercial roof isn’t always going to be the case however, sometimes damages can be not so visible, especially to someone who doesn’t have a keen eye on what to look out for. A professional inspection could be in your best interest to spot any damages that your commercial roof may have.
It’s always best to consult with a professional
If you’re unsure whether your roof needs to be replaced, it’s always best to consult with a professional. They can inspect your roof and give you an honest assessment of its condition. If you’re suspicious about your commercial roof, then it could be time for a replacement to happen. It’s important to have a professional roofing company replace or repair your commercial roof to avoid any issues that may arise in the future.
Replacing your commercial roof is a big investment, but it’s one that will pay off in the long run. A new roof will protect your building from the elements and help you save money on energy bills. If you think your commercial roof needs to be replaced, contact us today for a free consultation. We’ll help you choose the best roof for your needs and budget.