Pros and Cons of Installing a New Asphalt Shingle Roof in Canton Michigan
Installing a new asphalt shingle roof in Canton Michigan is an important decision for any homeowner. Today’s asphalt shingles are durable, long-lasting and relatively easy to install with long lasting warranties to cover them if there is a problem. However, there are some drawbacks to consider before making the investment for your new roof.
This article will outline the pros and cons of installing a new asphalt shingle roof in Canton Michigan so you can make an informed decision about the best option for your home.
• Asphalt shingles are highly durable and can last up to 40 years or longer with proper maintenance. Of course, there are different qualities when it comes to this roofing material just like other choices.
• They are relatively easy to install, which can make the entire project move much faster than other roofing choices. The average time it takes for a professional roofer to install a new asphalt shingle roof is only a few days.
• The cost of asphalt shingles is usually fairly reasonable compared to other roofing materials. And since there are many different brands and qualities available you’re sure to find one that fits your budget.
• Asphalt shingles are fire resistant and can help protect your home from the potential damage of a fire. They may also have algae and mold protection built into the shingle to prevent the appearance of green or black mold on your roof.
• Many manufacturers offer excellent warranties for their asphalt shingle roofs, which can provide added protection in the event that something goes wrong.
• Asphalt shingles tend to be more vulnerable to wind and hail damage than other roofing materials.
• Asphalt shingles can be susceptible to mold, mildew, and algae growth if not properly installed or maintained. If you’re considering a new roof for your home be sure to choose a shingle that has the mold and algae protection included in the shingles to prevent this problem.
• If a large storm hits the area, it can cause significant damage to an asphalt shingle roof in a shorter time period than with other materials. The biggest problem is usually high winds and hail. Of course, weather can damage other roofing materials as well.
• Many people believe that asphalt shingles tend to fade over time, so you will eventually need to replace them or have them re-painted. Most of the asphalt shingles made today have UV protection built in and you’ll never need to paint them. Some very low budget shingles may have this problem, but for the most part, you won’t need to worry about this.
• Asphalt shingle roofs typically require more maintenance than other types of roofing materials.
Checking Your Asphalt Shingle Roof for Problems
No matter what type of roof you have, it’s important to inspect it regularly. This is especially true if you live in an area prone to severe weather like Canton Michigan. You should check your asphalt shingle roof at least once a year for any signs of damage or wear and tear. Look for missing shingles, curled shingles, and other signs of wear and tear. If you notice any of these issues, it’s important to have them repaired as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
Installing a new asphalt shingle roof in Canton Michigan is an important decision that requires careful consideration. The pros outlined above can help make the decision easier, but it’s important to consider the cons as well. Ultimately, your decision should be based on both cost and quality, so make sure you do your research to find the best product for your home that fits within your budget.
With careful consideration of all the pros and cons outlined above, you can make an informed decision that’s best for your home and budget. While it may be tempting to choose the cheapest option available, keep in mind that quality should always come first when deciding on a roof for your home. A well-maintained, quality asphalt shingle roof can last for decades with proper care and maintenance. With careful consideration of all the factors involved, you can find the perfect asphalt shingle roof for your home in Canton Michigan.
Be sure to call the professionals at Twelve Oaks Roofing today to get a free quote on a new asphalt shingle roof for your home. They are fully licensed and insured and can help you choose the best roofing system for your budget. They also have financing options with easy terms to help! Call today at (248) 525-6950 for more details today!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the lifespan of an asphalt shingle roof?
Typically, a properly installed and maintained asphalt shingle roof can last up to 20-25 years. This depends on the quality of the shingles used and how well they are maintained over time.
What are some of the most common problems with asphalt shingle roofs?
Some of the most common problems with asphalt shingle roofs include missing or curled shingles, mold and algae growth, and UV damage. Regular maintenance can help to prevent these issues.
Is it easy to install an asphalt shingle roof in Canton Michigan?
Installing an asphalt shingle roof can be easy for some and more difficult for others. It is always recommended to call a professional roofing contractor like Twelve Oaks Roofing to ensure that your new roof is properly installed.